Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June: Last Month of Sabbatical


I need to thank Hope College for the great opportunity of a year-long sabbatical. It has been fantastic: Papers presented at four international business conferences; four papers published in peer-reviewed journals; book on corporate longevity written and ready to submit to publishers; regular updates to my blog and twitter feed on corporate longevity; data base on century-old U.S. firms validated (up to 1875 - still have quite a bit to go); eight countries visited; time to do a driving trip to Florida to visit my 86 and 88-year-old parents (with a stop in Savannah along the way); and a brand-new granddaughter! What a year!!!

Now it's time to start thinking about getting back into teaching (I need to redo my Management Seminar since the book I used in the past is out of print, plus I've been asked to move to a MWF schedule which means more, shorter class sessions each week - not quite sure how to do a seminar course with that format but I'll figure it out). I have already started meeting with the Baker Scholars officers to start planning for the coming year's activities. Since my office is still occupied by my replacement and I am technically still on sabbatical until July, I will continue to work from home - and spend as much time as I can with my sweet granddaughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment